Click to escape another site's frames
Friday, October 24, 2014
click on a topic area:
Recipes for Rainbow, Brown, Steelhead, Brook, and Lake Trout
Lake Michigan provides some of the best fishing for Rainbow, Brown, Steelhead, Brook, and Lake Trout in the Midwest. The states surrounding the lake were settled in the early 1800's providing a rich tradition with many varied regional cooking specialities and techniques. We will continue to add regional recipes offering the unique flavors of midwest cooking and some other favorite recipes from different areas.
Trout Appetizers, Dips and Spread Recipes:
Trout Soups and Chowder Recipes:
Trout Main Dish Recipes:
- Door County Trout Boil - Door County is located in the northeastern part of Wisconsin. Fish boils are a tradition in the area dating over a hundred years. Most fish boils are made with the Whitefish native to the area. This recipe substitues Lake Trout for the Whitefish.
- Crispy Trout - with a spiced cracker crumb coating leaves the fish moist and with a crunchy coating.
- Drunken Trout - Grilled fish marinated in a bourbon and soy sauce based marinade.
- Pepper Trout with Honey Butter - Skillet grilled with honey butter.
- Simple Grilled Trout - Grilling the fish imparts a smoky flavor and is very easy.
- Racine Barbecued Lake Trout - We received this recipe from a fisherman in Racine, Wisconsin. The recipe bakes the filet in an aluminum foil pouch on the barbeque grill with onions and barbeque sauce.
- Trout Almondine (Rainbow or Steelhead) - Classic fish dish with almonds.
- Poached Brown Trout - Poached fish served with a creamy lemon sauce.
- Lake Trout Marsala - poached with marsala wine, onions, and mushrooms served over egg noodles.
- Steelhead with Wild Rice and Mushroom Sauce - Skillet fried and served with wild rice and mushroon sauce.
- Pan Seared Trout with Ginger Hoisin Glaze - Pan searing is an easy way to prepare fish. Cooking over high heat will caramelize the outside and still leave the inside moist and tender.
- Trout Piccata - based on a classic Italian dish with Lemons and Capers made primarily with Chicken or Veal.
- Mandarin Trout - a unique citrus flavor from Mandarin Oranges.
- Smoked Trout Alfredo with Penne Pasta - Smoked Trout with a rich Alfredo Sauce served over Penne Pasta.
- South Seas Grilled Trout - A south seas style marinade for grilling fish with grilled pineapple slices.
- Sweet and Sour Trout - Sweet and Sour fish with pineapple, green and red peppers, and onion served over a bed of rice.
- Trout Mornay - a baked casserole made with a rich Bechamel sauce.
- Trout Veracruz - The colorful recipe is based on a Mexican seafood favorite from the port city of Veracruz, the fish is simmered in a sauce made with tomatoes, onions, green olives and spices.
- Balsamic Roasted Trout and Root Vegetables - Oven roasted Trout and Root Vegetables flavored with balsamic vinegar and spices.
- Potato Chip Crusted Trout - Baked trout with a crunchy potato chip crust.
- Cheesy Crusted Trout - Baked trout with a cheesy crunchy crusting made with cheese flavored crackers.
- Broiled Trout with Fresh Herb Sauce - Broiled fresh trout served with a sauce made with fresh garden herbs.
- Butter Baked Trout with Brown Rice - Butter baked trout served with brown rice. Baking trout in a butter sauce brings out the richness of flavor in the fish.
- Asiago Peppercorn Fire Grilled Trout with grilled vegetables - Fire Grilling trout crusted with cracked peppercorns and topped with asiago cheese. Served with frie grilled vegetables.
- Smoked Trout, Gorgonzola, Pear Pasta - Smoked trout enhanced with the full flavor of a gorgonzola cheese sauce served with sauted pears and walnuts over penne pasta.
To have recipes considered for addition please Email Us:
Lake Michigan Angler
All rights reserved.
This web page was last modified on
Monday, February 24, 2014
Copyright © 2000-2014 Lake Michigan Angler
No content, pictures, graphics, images or other material from LakeMichiganAngler.com
may be copied, printed, or reproduced in any manner, without prior written permission.
All rights reserved.