Waukegan Power Plant
There are two areas used for fishing: the discharge channel and the pier that extends into the lake.
Directions to the Waukegan Power Plant:
- From I-94, take Highway 132 (Grand Ave) east.
- North (Left) on Sheridan Rd.
- East (Right) on Greenwood Ave.
- Continue East on Greenwood Ave past the plant, there is a parking lot at the end of the road.
Fishing options at the Waukegan Power Plant:
- Casting spoons, jigs or lures.
- Fishing with bait under bobbers.
- Tight line fishing with bait.
Best times to fish the Waukegan Power Plant:
- Smelt - April through mid May.
- Coho Salmon - October.
- Chinook Salmon - September through October.
- Brown Trout - October through April.
- Steelhead - November through April.
- Warmwater species: Catfish, Carp, Drum, etc - All year.